Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

I had the best day at Habitat on Saturday. The best. I also spent over $500 but got way more value. I am so excited to share what all I found, but for now things are scattered around town waiting to be consolidated into one location. To tide us over, here are some awesome things I have found in thrift stores but did not buy.


I found another one of these bent wood rocking chairs at Habitat. This one was $45 and was a bit banged up, but structurally sturdy. Mom still hasn't tried recovering hers so I can't say if it is easy or not, but for $45 you really can't go wrong.


This end table needs a lot of refinishing but the wood was heavy and the drawer was dovetailed. I think it was $25.

dovetailed drawer - always look for this!




This end table has cool lion head drawer pulls. I love great hardware! As you can see, the side is busted up so I'm not sure how many of y'all would be interested in such a project. But the price is $15. I say "is" because it was still there Saturday. I actually think its quite charming. Somebody with skills, buy it!


These vintage glass lighters were $8 each. Had it been a 50% off day at the ARC, I would have snatched them up. Unfortunately, the ladies there do not give out price cuts like they do at Habitat so I did not take them home with me.


I thought the sides of this couch were awesome. The fabric wasn't ick, but it also wasn't something I would keep. Price said $75 at the ARC, so it was definitely firm. The good thing about this store is that you can get a great deal if you risk waiting until the 50% off days, although I only suggest it if you don't absolutely love the item. It is always devastating to miss out on a great thrift store find! I still pine after a set of green demitasse cups..

Want to see more thrift store finds? We have a whole category just for that! We would love to see your finds, so feel free to share in the comments section. Or holler at us on twitter or instagram and hashtag it #ThriftStoreFinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!