Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara

Last summer, I got on the Bobbi Brown makeup bandwagon after trying a few of their products over the course of the previous year.  I was also bored with my regular regimen of Bare Escentuals makeup and I wanted to try something new (I swear I have product ADHD).  So, I took a trip to the Bobbi Brown makeup counter at Nordstrom and let them doll me up.  I let the sales girl talk me into the Telluride Glow set, which sadly is no longer available:

Bobbi Brown Telluride Glow Set
Image Source: Nordstrom

I mostly went with the set because I got to try out six eyeshadows, I was out of bronzer, and the pink shimmer lip gloss looked fun.  I wasn't that excited by the mascara or the gel eyeliner, but I figured I would get around to using them eventually.  I finally started using the Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara a few months ago (that's correct, I don't buy a new mascara every month like Allure, Glamour, and the rest of the beauty magazine community tells you to....so far my eyeballs and eyelashes are still intact, so I figure I'm ok).

Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara
$25
Image Source: Nordstrom

The Application: My daily makeup routine is to slather on wrinkle cream/moisturizer, do my eye makeup, put on concealer and foundation, dust on bronzer/blush, and apply powder all over my face (including my eyes).  My final step is to curl my eyelashes and add one really good coat of mascara (I have no patience for two coat application...plus the few times I've tried it my eyelashes get stuck to the curler).  Here's me with all my make up on before applying the mascara (I'm trying not to scare y'all away, so I keep the makeup free shots to a minimum here on Posh Purpose):

Before: Although I had mostly fixed my face, I clearly had not fixed my hair yet.  My apologies. :)


After: One coat of a Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara and a hair brush later.

The Verdict:  It's ok.  I'm not overly wowed by the formula or the results.  I will say that the wand is easy to use and the formula doesn't flake.  I think there are other mascaras out there that give you longer, fuller lashes and there wasn't much curling action going on here either.  If this is the "extreme party" I bet a "party" version is a sad, sad state of events involving a bad clown and stale cake.

Bottom line: Give it a go if it's part of any future kits or collections and don't let that deter you if you love the other products in the set...otherwise take your $25 and find something else.

Enjoy this post? We love writing our Mascara Diaries!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Your eyes are beautiful! But you need to put a little color on your lips! I love you, Aunt Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!