Thursday, January 30, 2014

Posh Purpose Recipe: Pizza Dip

Since the Super Bowl is upon us, I thought I'd post an easy recipe for all your football watching events!  My good friend gave me this recipe a long time ago and it is super cheap and super yummy - shout out to my sorority sister Amanda!

Ingredients
1 block of cream cheese (I like Philadelphia, but Briana's recent article leads me to believe I can use generic just fine)
1 jar of pizza sauce (different from your regular marinara, but it's in the same aisle)
1 package of shredded cheese (cheddar is best!)
1 package of mini pepperonis

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400.  Take a square pyrex baking dish (9x9 size) and smear the cream cheese around in an even layer. Dump jar of pizza sauce on top of cream cheese and spread evenly. Top with a good layer of shredded cheese.  Sprinkle mini pepperoni around the dish.  Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.  Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.  Serve with Wheat Thins.

Obviously not a healthy recipe and I wouldn't bother trying to make it low fat (reduced fat cream cheese is nasty stuff y'all).  Enjoy and add extra time to your workouts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!