Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trousseau Tuesday: A Style for the Winter Season

Ack! Fall is upon us, which means winter is nearly upon us!  Besides the return of the pumpkin spice latte and the peppermint mocha, I find little redeeming about the cold winters.  Finding clothes in beautiful colors becomes more difficult as all the stores begin selling gray, black, brown, and perhaps the worst offender, oatmeal.  Navy, burnt oranges, and dark reds are just not as fun as my spring pastels and juicy summer colors. I also spend a lot of my daily dressing routine figuring out what will keep me warm but keep me from overheating as I trek through the underground WMATA system. I also think it's ridiculous when bridesmaids are left out in the cold, shivering in some thin silk dress and no tights.  That's why I was quite excited to see this new arrival on the kate spade website:

Kate Spade Sandra Sweater Dress
This a a very pretty berry color and it's made out of merino wool.  I think it makes a dress for an engagement party, rehearsal dinner, bridesmaid dress, church, or Christmas party.  You won't freeze, especially if you pair it with a cute pair of patterned tights.  While $355 is a little steep for a dress, I predict that kate spade will have a 20% off sale and free shipping at some point, so keep an eye out for the sales and Posh Purpose will keep you posted on any deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers!