Friday, September 30, 2011

Fresh Idea Friday: Spice Up Florals with Paper

Happy Friday!  I know I glad to be done with looooong work week!  To send you off to your fun weekend, Briana and I wanted to supply you with some DIY inspiration.  I loooove fresh flowers and I would love to be one of those Parisian girls who buys a baguette, a bottle of wine, and fresh flowers every week as I strolled through open air markets and bakeries.  Unfortunately, I count myself lucky if I get to the Safeway grocery store to pick up my canned soup lunches for the week and that I don't kill the aloe plant in my apartment (I have ~issues~ with over watering, but it comes from a place of love for my plants).  

 I'm not a big fan of the all paper displays I've seen, but then Briana stumbled upon this picture below and I think it's a great idea!  Supplement your floral displays with paper flowers!

Style Me Pretty

This is a great way to add a color to your arrangement that may not be readily available or far too expensive!  Have you ever seen that movie Bed of Roses?  You really must if you are going to call yourself a girl (I also secretly wish that I could be the girl from Bed of Roses and have a shy florist (played by Mr. 3, of course) woo me with expensive blooms). The main character gets beautiful lavender colored roses.  When was the last time you saw those at 1-800-flowers?  That's because they are pretty expensive.  Since lavender isn't really a common color in flowers, this idea might work well...as is does above with gray.  Still not a believer? Check out another sweet arrangement in silver mint julep cups and trumpet vases!

Martha Stewart Weddings 

For those of you who don't have  a green thumb or that much green in your wallet, you can make an arrangement of these paper flowers to put on your desk or dining room table.  Sometimes all we really need is something pretty and cheery to get us through the day and those really loooooong weeks!  Martha Stewart, the original DIYer, has got some paper flower instructions and templates to get you started.  So get started and feel free to send us all your pretty paper pics!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I have not seen Bed of Roses. However, I have glittery pink and champagne nails (stay tuned for that post!) so I am pretty confident in my girl status :p

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers!